· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST.
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
ONE DAY EXCURSION: Single Journey on the Haverthwaite & Lakeside Railway from Haverthwaite at the southern end of the line via Newby Bridge to Lakeside at the southern end of Windermere. Travelling in nostalgic 1950’s carriages hauled by one of our fleet of passionately restored and maintained steam locomotives. Enjoy the 3.5 mile journey on this former Furness Railway branch line to the foot of Windermere fare included). Free time in Lakeside.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Scenic drive to Lake Windermere, at 10.5 miles long, one mile wide and 220 feet deep, is the largest natural lake in England, and is fed by numerous rivers, calling at Bowness on Windermere. On to Kendal which is home to a fine selection of shopping arcades, can boast two castles, two museums, a host of historical buildings and bridges before return to the hotel.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To Morecambe, take in the view from any point on this impressive coastline and it will stay with you long after your visit is over. Morecambe Bay is surrounded by attractive towns and villages. At its heart is the seaside town of Morecambe whose motto ‘Beauty Surrounds, Health Abounds’ couldn’t be more appropriate. Is there anything better for the health than breathing in fresh sea air while sauntering down a promenade which has outstanding views across to the Lakeland Fells. Then free time in Grange over sands, the promenade is just a short walk from the hotel.
Staying at the Cumbria Grand Hotel, Grange over Sands
Set in 20 acres of private gardens and woodlands overlooking Morecambe Bay, you will receive a warm and friendly welcome at this charming 3* Victorian Hotel. With commanding views from a spectacular wall of windows overlooking the bay the Hazelwood Restaurant offers you an attractive setting in which to enjoy a meal. A short drive from the majestic Lake Windermere within the Lake District. Even when you’re not out and about sightseeing, there is plenty to do within the hotel and its grounds: Outdoors: garden area, tennis court, putting green, Indoors: full sized snooker table, pool table, table tennis and dartboard. Lift to all floors.
DEPARTURE DATE: Thursday 28th July 2022
· EXECUTIVE COACH DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· AFTERNOON & EVENING EXCURSION: Visit to Edinburgh & THE ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO 1950-2020 Celebrate its 70th turn. Our story begins almost seven decades ago and had humble beginnings. It was inspired by a simple show called “Something About A Soldier” performed in 1949 at the Ross Bandstand. The bandstand is still there, in Princes Street Gardens, just below the castle. Make sure to look out for it when you visit. Lieutenant Colonel George Malcolm was the first Producer of the Edinburgh Tattoo. He aimed to bring the Army’s contribution to the Edinburgh International Festival to life. From a modest event in a park to today’s global showcase at the Castle. The Tattoo attracts thousands of visitors from around the world to the heart of Edinburgh. Enjoy our exciting performers from Pipers Trail, Hjaltibonhoga and Tattoo Dance Company as they come together with other talented individuals from across the Globe. A unique mix of military tradition and global cultures. This really is an experience for the senses. Your seat is waiting. (Ticket Included).
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Scenic Journey through the Trossachs visiting Loch Lomond.
· EXCURSION: Scenic journey through Moffat to Peebles.
Staying at the 3* Tinto House Hotel
Nestled in five acres of stunning gardens within the breath-taking countryside of the Scottish Borders, this traditional country house hotel is the perfect setting for a short break or for creating memories to last a lifetime. Built in 1914, it has retained a respectful eye toward the grandeur and charm of the past, while also embracing the conveniences of the modern age. Throughout Tinto Hotel, stunning architectural details, such as the majestic sweeping staircase with ornate stained-glass windows, and remarkable period pieces, like the penny farthing bicycle and grandfather clock, sit comfortably beside the numerous touches of tasteful modernisation. Relax and enjoy the appealing ambience of a bygone era and comforted by the convenience of the most up-to-date amenities. Please note there is no lift at this hotel.
The hotel offers home cooked food and scenic views. It is situated in the village of Symington, just a few miles from the charming market town of Biggar, close to where the Scottish Borders meets South Lanarkshire.
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 22nd AUGUST 2022 £549.00
· TO INCLUDE ALL THIS: Provisional to be confirmed
· Executive Coach Travel direct from Rugby.
· Eurotunnel Crossing.
· 3 Nights Bed & Breakfast.
· All Rooms En-Suite
· One day excursion to the beautiful city of Ypres with its war history that shaped our future. We visit some of the battlefields and war cemeteries such as the excellent maintained Tyne Cot.Staying at the 4* Academie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge a 6-minute walk from Flemish art at the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort tower. The colorful, modern rooms come with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and minifridges. They also include tea and coffeemakers.
Staying at the 4* Acadamie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge, a 6-minute walk from Flemish art of the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort Tower. The colourful, modern rooms come with free wifi, satellite tv and minifridges.
The city of Brugge represents all the finer points of Belgian lifestyle and culture, good food, beer and flemish art. With its winding cobbled streets, with numerous lace and chocolate shops, charming gabled houses, bridges and majestic churches, and serene canals ‘Venice of the North’ Brugge is an enchanting place to explore ‘a tourist’s dream’.
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday 29th August 2022 £399.00
We assure you of our best interests at all times whilst we are working on reduced hours from Tuesday 4th August (9.00am-12 noon) to book in your holidays by telephone only as it is difficult to maintain safe social distancing in the office, so no visitors to the office until further notice. We will be updating the website regularly.
We have been awarded the Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ Certificate. This means we have followed government and industry COVID19 guidelines, have a risk assessment in place, and processes to maintain cleanliness and support social distancing to ensure safe travel.
Whilst we have tried to ensure information is correct for 2021 tours please bear with us whilst we are finalising all the tour details with regard to dates, rates and excursions which could all be subject to changes to follow any government announcements, etc, in the future. Where we can we are trying to rearrange postponed 2020 tours, together with complete new tours for 2021. We are still trying to contact some attractions which are only opening from July 2020 and beyond and also some of the tour itineraries for 2021 may completely change. All will be confirmed in our 2021 holiday list later in the year.
We thank our customers for their patience over the last few months and for your continued support of our local independent business.
We can’t wait to see you travelling again to your favourite destinations.
Happy and safe holidays
James, Sarah and Ann
Our office has now re-opened on reduced hours Monday to Friday 10-12 noon for telephone bookings, transfers and enquiries.
We hope to run our first coach to Paignton on 21st September 2020.
We will be operating under Covid19 guidelines on lower passenger numbers, safe distancing and good hygiene practices. We’re good to go !
Call us on 01788 575521 and keep a check on our website for later season and 2021 holidays.
We thank our passengers for your patience and support and wish you all the very best and to keep safe and well.
We hope all our passengers are keeping safe and well.
We thought we should update you regarding the latest update from the Government on 9th September. We want to reassure you that our holidays are not affected by this latest update and will continue to operate as planned where we are able to sustain viable passenger numbers.
Our first departure will be Monday 21st September 2020 to Paignton.
To enable us to re-start measures have been put into place to ensure we operate in a Covid Safe way, such as, installing sanitisers on the coaches, reduced passenger numbers, adapting socially distanced seating plans, temperature checks, and the wearing of face coverings, whilst on board our coaches.
We are also only using hotels and visitor attractions who have full risk assessments and Covid Safe procedures in place in order to operate themselves, and will adapt our itineraries accordingly if necessary.
So rest assured you can still go on holiday with us.
Your safety and well-being are our main priority.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
With reference to the latest government press conference 31/10/2020 we are classed as a non essential business, so our office will be temporarily closed during the new lockdown from Thursday 05/11/2020 and will be reopening Wednesday 02/12/2020 with reduced hours in the mornings.
Please follow the new government guidelines so we can all keep safe and protect our wonderful NHS and staff.
At this stage we are still hoping to run our tour to Warner Cricket St Thomas on 14th December and Scotland New Year 31st December although these are under constant review. All tours we run are operated under safe covid19 guidelines and procedures with Visit England ‘we’re good to go’ compliance in line with our coach suppliers hotels and attractions.
We will be working on our UK coach holidays for the spring and hopefully better times for 2021.
Please support all of Rugby’s local independent businesses, we need you even more in these challenging times !
It will be our 30th anniversary next year 1991- 2021. Thank you for all your support in the past.
Wishing you all the best and please keep safe and positive for 2021 James, Sarah & Ann