Experience True Irish Hospitality at it’s best
· Executive Return Coach Travel With Toilets, Tea / Coffee Making Machine
· Return Irish Ferry Outward Crossing Fishguard to Rosslare Inward Crossing Dublin to Holyhead
· 1 Night Dinner Bed & Breakfast staying at The Talbot Hotel, Wexford
· 4 Nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast Staying At The 4* Abbey Hotel, Roscommon
· All Rooms En-Suite, With Colour Television
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Today we set off for the pretty town of Westport making a stop on the way at the National Museum of Ireland Country Life in Castlebar The award winning Museum is all about discovering the story of Irish country life between 1850 and 1950; a history which older visitors will remember clearly and enjoy reminiscing on. The Museum is a must-see attraction for everyone’s list. It’s a national collection, comprehensive and unique, presented in an engaging and interactive manner - not a dusty boring display in sight. Exhibits over the four floors include original artefacts and displays, captivating archival video footage and interactive screens. Then onwards to Westport where you will board the Westport Train for an entertaining ride around the town, harbour and Westport House Estate, where you can enjoy a 1 hour guided tour of spectacular Westport House which is undoubtedly one of Ireland’s best loved heritage attractions – and is rightly called the most beautiful house in Ireland. From the moment you step into the Front Hall with its breath-taking barrel vaulted ceiling and soft, rose red hues, the magnitude of the home’s historical and architectural significance becomes clear. Waterford cut glass chandeliers, and an exquisite hand painted 19th century ceiling featuring soft, wispy clouds in a periwinkle blue sky are just some of the lavish interiors on display. The vast expanse of Clew Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Ireland’s holy mountain Croagh Patrick in the distance provide an idyllic backdrop to the Estate’s tumbling waterfalls, terraces, promenades and lofty ancient oaks.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Enjoy a day in lively Galway the city chosen for European Capital of Culture in 2020.
Enjoy a 2 hour guided tour taking in the city’s sights and exploring its fascinating history. In the afternoon we board the Corrib Princess for a 1hr 30min cruise to tranquil Loch Corrib. Sit back and admire the natural beauty that surrounds you and you can enjoy a spirited on board Irish Dancing demonstration.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: A short journey from Roscommon is Strokestown Park & the Irish National Famine Museum, A guided tour of the Georgian Palladian Mansion which has been preserved with its original furnishings and fabrics. In the stable yard you will find the Famine Museum enjoy the gardens at your leisure. Then heading back to Roscommon for free time to take in the attractions.
The 4* Abbey Hotel Roscommon, an 18th Century Castle Style Setting in the Heart of the Irish Midlands
Situated in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands, in the beautiful countryside town of Roscommon, is where you will find the 4* Abbey Hotel, a multi-award winning and charming family-run, 18th-century Castle Manor setting owned and run by the Grealy family since 1963. Conveniently and centrally located just over an hour from Galway, Westport, Sligo and Kildare. An RAI Award Winning Hotel and recent winner of the Luxury Travel Guide Award for the most Charming Hotel in the West of Ireland. The Abbey Hotel takes it’s name from the 12th Century Dominican Abbey, located beside the hotel with views of the ruins visible from our award winning Restaurant and Bedrooms. These ruins are also where tourists and Irish history visitors will find the final resting place of Phelim O’Connor, the last High King of Connacht. Abbey Health & Fitness, award winning leisure centre.
DEPARTURE DATE: SUNDAY 3rd MAY 2020 £589.00