· Return Irish Ferry: Outward Crossing Fishguard to Rosslare Inward Crossing Dublin to Holyhead
· 1 Night Dinner Bed & Breakfast staying at Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford
· 4 Nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast Staying At The 4* Abbey Hotel, Roscommon
· All Rooms En-Suite, With Colour Television
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Today we set off for the pretty town of Westport for a visit to Westport House & Gardens where you can enjoy a 30 minute guided tour of spectacular Westport House which is undoubtedly one of Ireland’s best loved heritage attractions – and is rightly called the most beautiful house in Ireland. From the moment you step into the Front Hall with its breath-taking barrel vaulted ceiling and soft, rose red hues, the magnitude of the home’s historical and architectural significance becomes clear. Waterford cut glass chandeliers, and an exquisite hand painted 19th century ceiling featuring soft, wispy clouds in a periwinkle blue sky are just some of the lavish interiors on display. The vast expanse of Clew Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Ireland’s holy mountain Croagh Patrick in the distance provide an idyllic backdrop to the Estate’s tumbling waterfalls, terraces, promenades and lofty ancient oaks. Free time in Westport.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Enjoy a day in lively Galway the city chosen for European Capital of Culture in 2020. Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour taking in the city’s sights and exploring its fascinating history. In the afternoon we board the Corrib Princess for a 90 minute cruise on tranquil Loch Corrib. Sit back and admire the natural beauty that surrounds you and you can enjoy a spirited on board Irish Dancing demonstration.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: A short journey from Roscommon is Strokestown Park & the Irish National Famine Museum, A guided tour of the Georgian Palladian Mansion which has been preserved with its original furnishings and fabrics. In the stable yard you will find the Famine Museum enjoy the gardens at your leisure. Then heading back to Roscommon for free time to take in the attractions.
The 4* Abbey Hotel Roscommon, an 18th Century Castle Style Setting in the Heart of the Irish Midlands
Situated in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands, in the beautiful countryside town of Roscommon, is where you will find the 4* Abbey Hotel, a multi-award winning and charming family-run, 18th-century Castle Manor setting owned and run by the Grealy family since 1963. Conveniently and centrally located just over an hour from Galway, Westport, Sligo and Kildare. An RAI Award Winning Hotel and recent winner of the Luxury Travel Guide Award for the most Charming Hotel in the West of Ireland. The Abbey Hotel takes it’s name from the 12th Century Dominican Abbey, located beside the hotel with views of the ruins visible from our award winning Restaurant and Bedrooms. These ruins are also where tourists and Irish history visitors will find the final resting place of Phelim O’Connor, the last High King of Connacht. Abbey Health & Fitness, award winning leisure centre.
DEPARTURE DATE: SATURDAY 15th MAY 2021 £639.00