New to our programme this 5 day holiday will bring in a hotel for 2021 … mystery and suspense for a little longer.
Book up, roll up, for the magical mystery tour, coming to take you away !
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday 2nd August 2021. £389.00
· 3 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Along the coast to Lynton & Lynmouth and across the wild and beautiful Exmoor National Park, to Minehead, which is considered the Northern Gateway to Exmoor and is the area’s largest town. The promenade with its cafés, bars and shops offers access to the sandy beach and spectacular views across to North Hill.
· ONE HALF DAY EN ROUTE EXCURSION: To Weston Super Mare
THE OSBORNE HOTEL The Hotel itself is ideally situated to explore Ilfracombe. The Tunnels Beaches within 1 minute walk away and the Landmark Theatre and seafront just a short 5 minute walk. The heritage Harbour & Quay are all on a level walk from the Hotel. If you feel that you wish to sit and take in the views around the harbour there are many pubs and restaurants where you can sit and watch the world go by.
The Hotel has been owned by the Cox Family for over 36 years. Initially four victorian terraced houses; it was turned into a hotel in 1850. Photographs placed around the hotel show how it was before and after it was turned into a hotel. All areas of the Hotel are personally run by a member of the family to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.
ILFRACOMBE and the North Devon coast is renowned for the unique character and spectacular scenic beauty. The coastline offers dramatic headlands pebble and sandy beaches accessible by numerous coastal paths, many of which are preserved by the national trust.
DEPARTURE DATE: FRIDAY 6th AUGUST 2021 £249.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL.
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER, BED AND BREAKFAST.
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· ENROUTE EXCURSION: To historic Durham, at the heart of the county. When you’re in the area, a visit to the fine Norman Cathedral and Castle are a must, regarded as one of the most outstanding ecclesiastical experiences in Europe. These buildings clearly demonstrate the Norman influence, & forms a much admired World Heritage Site.
· ONE HALF DAY EXCURSION: Afternoon “Quayside to Sea” cruise on the River Tyne, downriver to the mouth of the Tyne. The ‘Quay to Sea’ 3 hour cruise is a fantastic way to see the changing face of the River Tyne from the best vantage point in town. The cruise takes you under the magical Gateshead Millennium Bridge which opens especially for the cruise to enjoy the panorama of the Tyne Gorge before returning downriver as far as the river mouth. On your cruise you will see the legendary shipyards of Tyneside, the International Ferry Terminals, the Port of Tyne, the Fish Quay and the great views, including Tynemouth Castle and Priory, the memorial to Admiral Lord Collingwood and the beautiful sandy beaches of South Shields. The cruise turns at the piers, where seals and dolphins are regularly seen and returns to Newcastle’s Quayside. (cruise fare included)
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: TO BEAMISH MUSEUM, Beamish stands in 300 acres of beautiful County Durham countryside. Within our site you will find Pockerley Old Hall, The town, Rowley Station, The Fairground, Home Farm and the Pit Village. With so many things to see, Beamish is a wonderful day out for people of all ages. Each area of the Museum tells the story of Georgian, Victorian or Edwardian living. You can see how life in North East England changed over the 100 years, from a Georgian Agricultural lifestyle to the Industrial Revolution (entrance included)
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: NORTHUMBERLAND COASTAL DRIVE TO ALNWICK
Staying at the 4* Copthorne Hotel Newcastle - Unique city centre hotel in Newcastle’s Quayside
Located in Newcastle Quayside, right in the heart of this vibrant city, Copthorne Hotel Newcastle is the perfect base from which to explore. With 156 rooms, all overlooking the River Tyne, this classic hotel has a spacious feel, and the Quay 7 Restaurant, serves delicious British and international fare, and boasts a gorgeous waterfront view. Unwind in the peaceful Quayside area, offering its own shops, restaurants and nightlife, just a short stroll to the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 2021 £399.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· AFTERNOON & EVENING EXCURSION: Visit to Edinburgh & THE ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO 1950-2020 Celebrate its 70th turn. Our story begins almost seven decades ago and had humble beginnings. It was inspired by a simple show called “Something About A Soldier” performed in 1949 at the Ross Bandstand. The bandstand is still there, in Princes Street Gardens, just below the castle. Make sure to look out for it when you visit. Lieutenant Colonel George Malcolm was the first Producer of the Edinburgh Tattoo. He aimed to bring the Army’s contribution to the Edinburgh International Festival to life. From a modest event in a park to today’s global showcase at the Castle. The Tattoo attracts thousands of visitors from around the world to the heart of Edinburgh. Enjoy our exciting performers from Pipers Trail, Hjaltibonhoga and Tattoo Dance Company as they come together with other talented individuals from across the Globe. A unique mix of military tradition and global cultures. This really is an experience for the senses. Your seat is waiting. (Ticket Included).
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Scenic Journey through the Trossachs visiting Loch Lomond.
· EXCURSION: Scenic journey through Moffat to Peebles.
Staying at the 3* Tinto House Hotel
Nestled in five acres of stunning gardens within the breath-taking countryside of the Scottish Borders, this traditional country house hotel is the perfect setting for a short break or for creating memories to last a lifetime. Built in 1914, it has retained a respectful eye toward the grandeur and charm of the past, while also embracing the conveniences of the modern age. Throughout Tinto Hotel, stunning architectural details, such as the majestic sweeping staircase with ornate stained-glass windows, and remarkable period pieces, like the penny farthing bicycle and grandfather clock, sit comfortably beside the numerous touches of tasteful modernisation. Relax and enjoy the appealing ambience of a bygone era and comforted by the convenience of the most up-to-date amenities. Please note there is no lift at this hotel.
The hotel offers home cooked food and scenic views. It is situated in the village of Symington, just a few miles from the charming market town of Biggar, close to where the Scottish Borders meets South Lanarkshire.
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 16th AUGUST 2021 £499.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED & BREAKFAST,
· ALL ROOM ENSUITE, COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To Torquay a traditional yet thriving seaside town set on Devon’s English Riviera coast. With its iconic palm trees, busy harbour, international marina, sandy beach and wonderful array of continental style cafes, restaurants and bars. Enjoy a long leisurely stroll along the historic pier and promenade and take in the relaxed atmosphere. There are some excellent shops and art galleries around the harbour area, from gift shops to well known branded stores and indoor shopping centres, all within close proximity of the seafront and marina.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To Honiton & Seaton. Stroll along the High Street of the Market Town of Honiton.
· ONE FREE DAY AT YOUR LEISURE:
The Royal York & Faulkner Hotel enjoys an unrivalled position on Sidmouth’s esplanade and adjacent to the picturesque town centre. The Spacious ground floor offers three beautifully appointed lounges, an elegant lounge bar, over looking the sea and esplanade. The restaurant retains traditional high standards of silver service with menus combining the best of both modern and classic cuisine. Many of the well appointed bedrooms enjoy sea views. The”Aspara” includes a hydrotherapy pool, steam cabin, sauna and a range of relaxing rejuvenating, holistic and spa treatments.
Sidmouth is a unique unspoilt floral town by the sea a resort with a difference. Well tended parks and floral displays in abundance, pretty beaches, small shops offering quality goods and a wealth of interesting architecture from Regency buildings to thatched roofs. The town nestles comfortably between Salcombe and Peak Hills.
DEPARTURE DATE: THURSDAY 19th AUGUST 2020 £479.00
· TO INCLUDE ALL THIS: Provisional to be confirmed
· Executive Coach Travel direct from Rugby.
· Eurotunnel Crossing.
· 3 Nights Bed & Breakfast.
· All Rooms En-Suite
· One day excursion to the beautiful city of Ypres with its war history that shaped our future. We visit some of the battlefields and war cemeteries such as the excellent maintained Tyne Cot.Staying at the 4* Academie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge a 6-minute walk from Flemish art at the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort tower. The colorful, modern rooms come with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and minifridges. They also include tea and coffeemakers.
Staying at the 4* Acadamie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge, a 6-minute walk from Flemish art of the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort Tower. The colourful, modern rooms come with free wifi, satellite tv and minifridges.
The city of Brugge represents all the finer points of Belgian lifestyle and culture, good food, beer and flemish art. With its winding cobbled streets, with numerous lace and chocolate shops, charming gabled houses, bridges and majestic churches, and serene canals ‘Venice of the North’ Brugge is an enchanting place to explore ‘a tourist’s dream’.
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday 30th August 2021 £389.00
· Return Irish Ferry: Outward Crossing Fishguard to Rosslare Inward Crossing Dublin to Holyhead
· 1 Night Dinner Bed & Breakfast staying at Treacy’s Hotel, Waterford
· 4 Nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast Staying At The 4* Abbey Hotel, Roscommon
· All Rooms En-Suite, With Colour Television
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Today we set off for the pretty town of Westport for a visit to Westport House & Gardens where you can enjoy a 30 minute guided tour of spectacular Westport House which is undoubtedly one of Ireland’s best loved heritage attractions – and is rightly called the most beautiful house in Ireland. From the moment you step into the Front Hall with its breath-taking barrel vaulted ceiling and soft, rose red hues, the magnitude of the home’s historical and architectural significance becomes clear. Waterford cut glass chandeliers, and an exquisite hand painted 19th century ceiling featuring soft, wispy clouds in a periwinkle blue sky are just some of the lavish interiors on display. The vast expanse of Clew Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Ireland’s holy mountain Croagh Patrick in the distance provide an idyllic backdrop to the Estate’s tumbling waterfalls, terraces, promenades and lofty ancient oaks. Free time in Westport.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Enjoy a day in lively Galway the city chosen for European Capital of Culture in 2020. Enjoy a 2 hour guided walking tour taking in the city’s sights and exploring its fascinating history. In the afternoon we board the Corrib Princess for a 90 minute cruise on tranquil Loch Corrib. Sit back and admire the natural beauty that surrounds you and you can enjoy a spirited on board Irish Dancing demonstration.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: A short journey from Roscommon is Strokestown Park & the Irish National Famine Museum, A guided tour of the Georgian Palladian Mansion which has been preserved with its original furnishings and fabrics. In the stable yard you will find the Famine Museum enjoy the gardens at your leisure. Then heading back to Roscommon for free time to take in the attractions.
The 4* Abbey Hotel Roscommon, an 18th Century Castle Style Setting in the Heart of the Irish Midlands
Situated in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands, in the beautiful countryside town of Roscommon, is where you will find the 4* Abbey Hotel, a multi-award winning and charming family-run, 18th-century Castle Manor setting owned and run by the Grealy family since 1963. Conveniently and centrally located just over an hour from Galway, Westport, Sligo and Kildare. An RAI Award Winning Hotel and recent winner of the Luxury Travel Guide Award for the most Charming Hotel in the West of Ireland. The Abbey Hotel takes it’s name from the 12th Century Dominican Abbey, located beside the hotel with views of the ruins visible from our award winning Restaurant and Bedrooms. These ruins are also where tourists and Irish history visitors will find the final resting place of Phelim O’Connor, the last High King of Connacht. Abbey Health & Fitness, award winning leisure centre.
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday 4th September 2021 £639.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL FROM RUGBY.
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST/ ENTERTAINMENT
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV.
· Enroute A scenic drive through Llangollen, and along the Horseshoe pass, which offers spectacular views.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To the city of Liverpool which is known globally as the ‘home’ of the Beatles and famous for its two premier football clubs Liverpool and Everton. But that’s not all, Liverpool is historic, contemporary, beautiful, vibrant, multi-cultural, musical, sporty, fun and the warmth of the welcome is probably among the best in the world. With Albert Docks One Of Liverpool’s Busiest And Most Cosmopolitan Centers And A Top Heritage Attraction.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Following the magnificent North Wales coast road, between Mountains & Sea, we head for historic Caernarfon, the town is dominated by its famous castle and the ancient walls and gateways give it a medieval atmosphere. Then we cross the Menai Straits onto the Isle of Anglesey
· ONE FREE DAY AT YOUR LEISURE
THE TYNEDALE HOTEL Is one of Llandudno’s premier 3 star hotels, from the moment you enter the Tynedale you will be greeted by the welcoming and professional staff, the hotel has gained a reputation for its fine cuisine the hotel is ideally situated on sea front in a level position on the famous promenade, with easy access to all the delights Llandudno has to offer.
LLANDUDNO is very justly proud of its reputation as the queen of the North Wales resorts, with its mild sunny climate, two wonderful beaches, wonderfully preserved Victorian architecture, pier, gardens, dry -ski slope, Edwardian tramway, a modern cabin lift, superb panoramic views from the Great Orme the summit of Llandudno’s striking headland. Llandudno - how seaside towns were meant to be, It’s no mean feat listing all the things there are to do in Wales’ largest seaside resort. Just where do we begin? Fancy stretching your legs on the longest pier in Wales?
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 6th SEPTEMBER 2021 £409.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· 4 NIGHTS, 3 COURSE CARVERY DINNER, BED & ENGLISH BREAKFAST,
· ALL ROOM ENSUITE, COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To Hastings, split into Old and New Towns there is something to offer everyone.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Travelling through the Downs, & an enjoyable morning travelling through the lovely villages which nestle in the Downs, including East Dean & Wilmington, Where the famous ‘Long Man’ is etched into the hillside. Then the afternoon to Sovereign Harbour which is northern Europe’s largest composite marina complex and boasts four linked harbours, and the hugely popular Waterfront retail and restaurant development. The Waterfront has an impressive range of shops, galleries, cafes, restaurants and bars, boat tours. The Waterfront, Sovereign Harbour Eastbourne
· FREE TIME IN EASTBOURNE
Staying at the 4* Langham Hotel, owned by The Kirby Family and enjoys sea views, live music and helpful, friendly staff, situated on Eastbourne’s seafront. Housed in a whitewashed 19th-century property, this upscale seafront hotel is a 2-minute walk from Redoubt Fortress & Military Museum and a 10-minute walk from Eastbourne Pier. Langham’s Conservatory Restaurant offers the delightful combination of appealing menus and panoramic views of Eastbourne’s coastline. Full English breakfast is served in the morning to provide a positive start to your day. Langham’s Bar is a place where guests can relax and admire the views, or enjoy the sea air on the terraces outside.
Eastbourne is an elegant & stylish seaside resort surrounded by magnificent countryside. The resort enjoys higher than average sunshine figures and the promenades and Carpet Gardens lining the beach are sheltered by the cliffs of Beachy Head. Good shops contribute to a good holiday and like the rest of the town, the shopping complex has been meticulously planned, with level streets and all within easy reach of each other. Night-time Eastbourne continues to entertain visitors - summer shows, concerts, ballet and opera, the Winter Gardens with its ballroom and dancing or alternatively there are plenty of amusements on the pier, old time music hall and much, much more.
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 6th SEPTEMBER 2021 £399.00
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL DIRECT FROM RUGBY.
· 2 NIGHT DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· ADDED VALUE DINNER INCLUDED ON THIS WEEKEND
· ENROUTE EXCURSION TO: WINDSOR a town full of history and charm as you will discover when you visit. The town is dominated by Windsor Castle which is over 900 years old and the largest inhabited castle in the world. The River Thames is so intertwined with England’s past it has been described as ‘Liquid History’. From the rolling hills of the Cotswolds to the outskirts of London, it is home to quaint villages and historic towns, castles and great houses. River Thames Boat Trips - Enjoy the history, stunning scenery and wildlife of this famous river. Horse Drawn Carriage Rides - The best way to explore this charming town and the beautiful Windsor Great Park. Shopping & Dining - Variety, choice and quality with indepedent and specialist retailers.
· EXCURSION TO: RHS WISLEY FLOWER SHOW which is the historic home of the RHS and houses one of the largest plant collections in the world. Founded more than 100 years ago, it is the oldest and most diverse of the four RHS Gardens and its collections include cultivated plants of national significance. What makes it particularly special is the fascinating blend of historical and modern experimental planting. Our late summer show featured spectacular displays, outstanding shopping from quality nurseries and trade stands, the National Dahlia Society Show, NAFAS floral displays, expert advice and much more. (admission included)
· EXCURSION TO: KEW GARDENS London’s largest UNESCO World Heritage Site –enjoy a day immersed in centuries of science, horticulture and history. (admission included)
STAYING AT THE 4* MARRIOTT WINDSOR / HEATHROW
Relax at the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel. Situated near to Windsor the hotel is the perfect location to explore nearby attractions. Spacious, well-appointed hotel rooms await you, with thoughtful amenities such as plush bedding, a well-lit desk, and Smart TV and plenty of family-friendly perks. Rejuvenate after a busy in the state-of-the-art Leisure Club, featuring heated indoor pool and well-equipped fitness centre. Guests have a selection of diverse dining options, international dishes served at our restaurant and casual bar snacks in the lounge.
DEPARTURE DATE: FRIDAY 10th SEPTEMBER 2021 £269.00