Staying bed and breakfast at 4* Holiday Inn London Heathrow Hotel.
*Free time in London at your leisure. *Windsor
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday 18th June 2022
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED & BREAKFAST, ALL ROOMS ENSUITE, COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES
ONE DAY EXCURSION TO: LOOE & POLPERRO A busy fishing port, with a popular family beach, Looe has been a favourite holiday destination since Victorian times. Morning Tea / Coffee Biscuits / Cake at Hannafore Point Hotel, Looe, compliments of Jamesway Travel. Just south of Looe is the smaller port of Polperro. This quaint old Cornish fishing village whose narrow streets and pretty cottages remain undeniably attractive.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: TO DARTMOUTH, Situated on the banks of the picturesque River Dart, it’s the perfect year round destination. No matter the weather or time of year, Dartmouth is an exciting town just waiting to be explored.
· ONE FREE DAY AT YOUR LEISURE
STAYING AT THE 3* COPTHORNE HOTEL Situated in the heart of the city is the Copthorne Hotel Plymouth. With the vibrant nightlife and cultural attractions in Devon right on our doorstep, and a short walk away from the Barbican and iconic Mayflower steps, it’s hard to beat on location and convenience. Only a short drive from Dartmoor National Park, the Royal Citadel, the renowned Plymouth Gin Distillery and many more local attractions too. The popular restaurant, best known for its Chef’s modern take on the local cuisine, creative dishes made with fresh local produce, experience the attentive and friendly service. The menu is made up of British and Continental influences, using the finest ingredients with a modern flair, which draws in guests and locals alike. A relaxed atmosphere within a traditional setting which is bright and airy. They also offer a selection of fine wines and delicious bar bites.
Plymouth’s dramatic coastal fortress was built in the 17th century to watch out for the Dutch. Its secondary use was to keep an eye on rebellious locals, so you might spot that its ancient cannons can be turned to face the city too. Tinside Lido jutting out into the sea, this well-maintained art-deco lido, dating from 1935, has incredible views of the harbour. The Barbican provides an important physical link to Plymouth’s fascinating nautical past. Think Jacobean buildings, cobbled streets, moored sailing boats, ancient inns, art shops, tea rooms, restaurants and bars. Established in 1793, Plymouth Gin Distillery has had over 200 years to get their recipe right – but you’ll have to be the judge of that. Home to the biggest fish tanks in Britain, Plymouth’s National Marine Aquarium is a cut above the rest. Separated into four distinct zones, aquatic ecosystems cover everything from the local Plymouth Sound to The Great Barrier Reef.
· EXECUTIVE COACH TRAVEL DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· RETURN HIGH SPEED SERVICE FERRY “CONDOR EXPRESS” CROSSING POOLE / WEYMOUTH TO JERSEY.
· OCEAN PLUS SEATS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOOK AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE / PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE IF YOU WISH TO UPGRADE YOUR SEATS
· REPRESENTATIVE SERVICE AT POOLE / WEYMOUTH AND IN JERSEY.
· RETURN TRANSFERS JERSEY QUAY TO HOTEL.
· 6 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND ENGLISH BREAKFAST.
· ALL ROOMS EN- SUITE WITH COLOUR T.V. & TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
Staying at The 3* Monterey Hotel St Helier.
Located a short stroll through the Millennium Town Park from the centre of St Helier, the Monterey Hotel offers a high standard of comfort and service to both the leisure and business traveller. Rated 3* by the AA, this 73-bedroom hotel has seen continuous investment in its amenities including a contemporary design to our restaurant, Gordini’s, offering a range of cuisine for your enjoyment including full English buffet breakfast and a freshly prepared menu each evening. Adjacent is the open-plan and comfortable bar area providing an appealing ‘all day menu’. The hotel has excellent lounges and function rooms. Superior rooms are available that are either larger than standard rooms or have direct access to the pool sun terrace. They include also include bathrobes and slippers. On-site indoor swimming pool facilities, including steam room, spa bath and mini gym are provided free of charge to our guests. A large outdoor swimming pool is also available for fine days surrounded by a sun terrace. The hotel also sits on the island bus network and has the benefit of complimentary on-site parking facilities. Complimentary fibre WiFi available throughout the hotel. Always a popular choice of hotel in St Helier, our team look forward to welcoming you to the Monterey Hotel.
Jersey is the largest and most southerly of the Channel Islands, nestling in the bay of Saint Malo, just eleven miles from the Normandy coast of France. Its shores are warmed by the gulfstream and it enjoys a very good sunshine record. Jersey offers its visitor something quite different with its continental atmosphere and its friendly Islanders of Norman decent.
DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday 2nd July 2022
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST.
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
ONE DAY EXCURSION: Single Journey on the Haverthwaite & Lakeside Railway from Haverthwaite at the southern end of the line via Newby Bridge to Lakeside at the southern end of Windermere. Travelling in nostalgic 1950’s carriages hauled by one of our fleet of passionately restored and maintained steam locomotives. Enjoy the 3.5 mile journey on this former Furness Railway branch line to the foot of Windermere fare included). Free time in Lakeside.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Scenic drive to Lake Windermere, at 10.5 miles long, one mile wide and 220 feet deep, is the largest natural lake in England, and is fed by numerous rivers, calling at Bowness on Windermere. On to Kendal which is home to a fine selection of shopping arcades, can boast two castles, two museums, a host of historical buildings and bridges before return to the hotel.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: To Morecambe, take in the view from any point on this impressive coastline and it will stay with you long after your visit is over. Morecambe Bay is surrounded by attractive towns and villages. At its heart is the seaside town of Morecambe whose motto ‘Beauty Surrounds, Health Abounds’ couldn’t be more appropriate. Is there anything better for the health than breathing in fresh sea air while sauntering down a promenade which has outstanding views across to the Lakeland Fells. Then free time in Grange over sands, the promenade is just a short walk from the hotel.
Staying at the Cumbria Grand Hotel, Grange over Sands
Set in 20 acres of private gardens and woodlands overlooking Morecambe Bay, you will receive a warm and friendly welcome at this charming 3* Victorian Hotel. With commanding views from a spectacular wall of windows overlooking the bay the Hazelwood Restaurant offers you an attractive setting in which to enjoy a meal. A short drive from the majestic Lake Windermere within the Lake District. Even when you’re not out and about sightseeing, there is plenty to do within the hotel and its grounds: Outdoors: garden area, tennis court, putting green, Indoors: full sized snooker table, pool table, table tennis and dartboard. Lift to all floors.
DEPARTURE DATE: Thursday 28th July 2022
· EXECUTIVE COACH DIRECT FROM RUGBY
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST
· ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH COLOUR TV, TEA / COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES.
· AFTERNOON & EVENING EXCURSION: Visit to Edinburgh & THE ROYAL EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO 1950-2020 Celebrate its 70th turn. Our story begins almost seven decades ago and had humble beginnings. It was inspired by a simple show called “Something About A Soldier” performed in 1949 at the Ross Bandstand. The bandstand is still there, in Princes Street Gardens, just below the castle. Make sure to look out for it when you visit. Lieutenant Colonel George Malcolm was the first Producer of the Edinburgh Tattoo. He aimed to bring the Army’s contribution to the Edinburgh International Festival to life. From a modest event in a park to today’s global showcase at the Castle. The Tattoo attracts thousands of visitors from around the world to the heart of Edinburgh. Enjoy our exciting performers from Pipers Trail, Hjaltibonhoga and Tattoo Dance Company as they come together with other talented individuals from across the Globe. A unique mix of military tradition and global cultures. This really is an experience for the senses. Your seat is waiting. (Ticket Included).
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: Scenic Journey through the Trossachs visiting Loch Lomond.
· EXCURSION: Scenic journey through Moffat to Peebles.
Staying at the 3* Tinto House Hotel
Nestled in five acres of stunning gardens within the breath-taking countryside of the Scottish Borders, this traditional country house hotel is the perfect setting for a short break or for creating memories to last a lifetime. Built in 1914, it has retained a respectful eye toward the grandeur and charm of the past, while also embracing the conveniences of the modern age. Throughout Tinto Hotel, stunning architectural details, such as the majestic sweeping staircase with ornate stained-glass windows, and remarkable period pieces, like the penny farthing bicycle and grandfather clock, sit comfortably beside the numerous touches of tasteful modernisation. Relax and enjoy the appealing ambience of a bygone era and comforted by the convenience of the most up-to-date amenities. Please note there is no lift at this hotel.
The hotel offers home cooked food and scenic views. It is situated in the village of Symington, just a few miles from the charming market town of Biggar, close to where the Scottish Borders meets South Lanarkshire.
DEPARTURE DATE: MONDAY 22nd AUGUST 2022 £549.00
· TO INCLUDE ALL THIS: Provisional to be confirmed
· Executive Coach Travel direct from Rugby.
· Eurotunnel Crossing.
· 3 Nights Bed & Breakfast.
· All Rooms En-Suite
· One day excursion to the beautiful city of Ypres with its war history that shaped our future. We visit some of the battlefields and war cemeteries such as the excellent maintained Tyne Cot.Staying at the 4* Academie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge a 6-minute walk from Flemish art at the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort tower. The colorful, modern rooms come with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and minifridges. They also include tea and coffeemakers.
Staying at the 4* Acadamie Hotel located in the heart of Brugge, a 6-minute walk from Flemish art of the Groeningemuseum, this chic hotel is also a short walk from the Grote Markt central square and medieval Belfort Tower. The colourful, modern rooms come with free wifi, satellite tv and minifridges.
The city of Brugge represents all the finer points of Belgian lifestyle and culture, good food, beer and flemish art. With its winding cobbled streets, with numerous lace and chocolate shops, charming gabled houses, bridges and majestic churches, and serene canals ‘Venice of the North’ Brugge is an enchanting place to explore ‘a tourist’s dream’.
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday 29th August 2022 £399.00
· RETURN FERRY CROSSING HEYSHAM-DOUGLAS
· 4 NIGHTS DINNER BED AND BREAKFAST.
· ALL ROOMS EN- SUITE WITH COLOUR T.V / TEA & COFFEE MAKING FACILITIES / ENTERTAINMENT
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: TO RAMSEY WITH ITS MAGNIFICENT BAY AND BUSTLING HARBOUR THEN ON TO PEEL, A PICTURESQUE FISHING PORT OVERLOOKED BY A RED SANDSTONE CASTLE.
· ONE DAY EXCURSION: TO THE PICTURESQUE VILLAGE OF CREGNEASH, THEN ON TO THE SOUTHERN MOST TIP, THE CALF OF SOUND & PORT ERIN WHICH OWES MUCH OF ITS EXISTENCE TO THE VICTORIAN TOURISTS, WHO CAME FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACH SET IN AN ENCLOSED HARBOUR, LOCAL CAFÉ’S & SIMPLE GARDENS
· ONE DAY FREE TIME AT YOUR LEISURE
The Isle of Man lies in the middle of the Irish Sea steeped in romance studded with history and shrouded in misty legend, with miles of unspoilt landscapes blessed with the mildest of British climates. Douglas has many attraction, the Manx Museum, the Jubilee Clock & the Stylish Seafront.
English Heritage & National Trust cards may be used for entrance to attractions in the Isle Of Man please bring these cards with you.
The 3* Rutland Hotel Douglas One of the most elegant buildings on the Isle of Man, The Rutland has been transformed into a stunning 64-bedroom hotel offering comfort, style and quality to leisure travellers. The 3 star Rutland Hotel is situated on the Queens Promenade in Douglas, it enjoys beautiful panoramic views across Douglas Bay and is a short walk to the town.
Departure Date: Friday 7th October 2022
Staying at the 3* Babbacombe Hotel. Turkey and Tinsel programme. *Taunton *Brixham *Paignton
Departure Date: Monday 14th November 2022
We assure you of our best interests at all times whilst we are working on reduced hours from Tuesday 4th August (9.00am-12 noon) to book in your holidays by telephone only as it is difficult to maintain safe social distancing in the office, so no visitors to the office until further notice. We will be updating the website regularly.
We have been awarded the Visit England ‘We’re Good to Go’ Certificate. This means we have followed government and industry COVID19 guidelines, have a risk assessment in place, and processes to maintain cleanliness and support social distancing to ensure safe travel.
Whilst we have tried to ensure information is correct for 2021 tours please bear with us whilst we are finalising all the tour details with regard to dates, rates and excursions which could all be subject to changes to follow any government announcements, etc, in the future. Where we can we are trying to rearrange postponed 2020 tours, together with complete new tours for 2021. We are still trying to contact some attractions which are only opening from July 2020 and beyond and also some of the tour itineraries for 2021 may completely change. All will be confirmed in our 2021 holiday list later in the year.
We thank our customers for their patience over the last few months and for your continued support of our local independent business.
We can’t wait to see you travelling again to your favourite destinations.
Happy and safe holidays
James, Sarah and Ann
Our tours generally pick up in Nuneaton, Bedworth & Coventry and go direct from Rugby.